Selling ain’t selling anymore, but here’s what is…
The evidence is clear on this topic because we’ve all done this in the past or do it at every day. We block, mute, skip ads. We unfollow brands we’ve recently followed because they’re just too pushy on the sell. We’re just plain tired of being sold to, being “called to action” and remarketed on things we were never or just slightly interested in anyway. We’ve tuned out.
Let’s start thinking and approaching selling beyond paid ads, beyond short term once off wins, beyond seasonal tactics and trending topics…
As a marketer and consumer, I have a strong belief that selling isn’t selling anymore. But there are ways to sell your business that won’t bore or annoy people. The only way to do this is to start thinking and approaching selling beyond paid ads, beyond short term once off wins, beyond seasonal tactics and trending topics — but to focus on the stuff that matters most to your customers and in order to benefit the business in the long run.
Here are ways to ‘sell’ in 2021 that people will never get tired of.
- Educating your customer is selling.
- Entertaining and making a customer smile is selling.
- Helping a customer achieve a goal is selling.
- Helping a customer avoid a negative situation is selling.
- Being transparent and honest is selling.
- Showing rather than telling is selling.
- Saving your client money is selling.
- Showing your customers how to make more money is selling.
- Deciphering technical/confusing aspects of your industry in simple terms is selling.
- A genuine apology and actually doing better in the future is selling.
- Living up to your mission/brand promise is selling.
- The way your team/employees feel and talk about working with you and in your business is selling.
- Sharing your business journey is selling.
- Delivering a great personalized customer experience/journey is selling.
- Showing your customer how to make more money is selling.
- Continuously improving your systems is selling.
- Checking up on your customers is selling.
- Committing to a social goal is selling.
- Being consistent is selling.